2018 Tennessee Code
Title 3 - Legislature
Chapter 6 - Ethics and Lobbying
Part 1 - Tennessee Ethics Commission Act of 2006 -- Ethics Commission
§ 3-6-116. Training program for members of the commission.
(a) A person who is appointed to the Tennessee ethics commission may not vote, deliberate, or be counted as a member in attendance at a meeting of the commission until the person completes a training program provided by the office of the attorney general and reporter that complies with this section. This section shall not apply to members who are reappointed to the commission for a subsequent term.
(b) The training program shall provide the person with information regarding:
(1) The legislation that created the commission;
(2) The role and function of the commission;
(3) The rules of the commission, with an emphasis on the rules that relate to disciplinary and investigatory authority;
(4) The current budget for the commission;
(5) The results of the most recent formal audit of the commission;
(6) The requirements of the laws administrated and enforced by the commission; and
(7) Any applicable policies adopted by the commission.
(c) A person appointed to the commission is entitled to reimbursement for expenses incurred in attending the training program.