2018 Tennessee Code
Title 3 - Legislature
Chapter 13 - Offices of Legislative Administration
§ 3-13-101. Creation -- Duties.
(a) There is created the office of legislative administration, which has the duty to:
(1) Assist the speaker of the senate and the speaker of the house of representatives and the heads of any legislative committees or offices with the preparation of budgets;
(2) Provide for processing of all forms and records on members and employees of the general assembly;
(3) Perform any recruitment or training requested by, or with the approval of, the speakers;
(4) Maintain such personnel records as may be necessary or advisable in accordance with accepted personnel practices;
(5) Prepare the payroll for all members and employees of the general assembly, its offices and committees and provide for the disbursement of payroll checks;
(6) Provide for the payment of compensation and of expense and mileage allowances to members, the payment of travel expenses of all employees, and the payment of any committee expenses authorized by the speaker of the senate or the speaker of the house of representatives;
(7) Promulgate for legislative employees on official business travel regulations established by the committee and approved by the speakers;
(8) Purchase and distribute supplies and equipment required for the operation of the general assembly;
(9) Provide for maintenance services for all legislative facilities;
(10) Make disbursements of funds for all other lawful expenses of the general assembly;
(11) Assume any other duties or responsibilities or to take any action in budgeting or administration as directed by the committee or either speaker; and
(12) Establish and implement a policy in conjunction with the two (2) speakers for the prevention of sexual harassment; this policy shall include training workshops and the establishment of a hearing procedure.
(b) This office shall succeed to all functions of legislative administration or budgeting heretofore performed by the office of the comptroller of the treasury, and all office furnishings and supplies in use by the office of legislative administration shall be retained by that office.