2018 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning and Housing
Chapter 7 - Zoning
Part 4 - Historic Zoning
§ 13-7-408. Issuance or denial of certificate of appropriateness -- Guidelines.
- The historic zoning commission or the regional historic zoning commission shall, within thirty (30) days following the availability of sufficient data, grant a certificate of appropriateness with or without attached conditions or deny the certificate, and shall state the grounds for denial in writing. In its review of any such work to be undertaken in a historic district or zone, the historic zoning commission or the regional historic zoning commission shall apply the applicable review guidelines and give prime consideration to:
(1) Historic or architectural value of the present structure;
(2) The relationship of the exterior architectural features of such structure to the rest of the structures, to the surrounding area, and to the character of the district;
(3) The general compatibility of exterior design, arrangement, texture, and materials proposed to be used; and
(4) Any other factor, including aesthetic, which is reasonably related to the purposes of this part.