There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 69 - Waters, Waterways, Drains and Levees
Chapter 7 - Water Management
Part 3 - Tennessee Water Resources Information Act
§ 69-7-303. Part definitions.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 69-7-303 (2017)
- As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (1) "Board" means the board of water quality, oil and gas established pursuant to § 69-3-104;
- (2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of the department of environment and conservation, the commissioner's duly authorized representative and, in the event of the commissioner's absence or a vacancy in the office of commissioner, the deputy commissioner of environment and conservation;
- (3) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company, limited liability company, partnership, association, group, utility district, federal, state or local government agency, or any combination of them;
- (4) "Source" means a location where surface or ground water is available, including, but not limited to, a water well, cave, spring, stream, river, lake, or impoundment; and
- (5) "Withdraw" means to take water from any source on a regular or recurring basis by means of an intake structure, pipe and pump that diverts water away from a source, or by any other conveyance with or without the use of suction. This does not include nonrecurring withdrawals, including, but not limited to, the filling of a swimming pool from a residential water well or accidental withdrawals caused by failure of pipes or equipment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.