2017 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 28 - Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
Part 4 - Tenant Obligations
§ 66-28-401. General maintenance and conduct obligations.
- The tenant shall:
- (1) Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
- (2) Keep that part of the premises that the tenant occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises when the tenant took possession;
- (3) Dispose from the tenant's dwelling unit all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other waste to the designated collection areas and into receptacles;
- (4) Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or permit any person to do so; and shall not engage in any illegal conduct on the premises; and
- (5) Act and require other persons on the premises, with the tenant's or other occupants' consent, to act in a manner that will not disturb the neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.