2017 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 27 - Multiple Ownership of Property
Part 1 - Horizontal Property
§ 66-27-107. Recordation and contents of master deed, lease or declaration.
- (a) A master deed, or lease or declaration shall be recorded in the same manner and subject to the same law as are deeds. Plats may likewise be recorded as in the case of recordation of plats as provided by law.
- (b) A master deed, or lease or declaration or the plat, or any combination of them, to which § 66-27-103 refers shall express the following particulars:
- (1) The description of the land, whether leased or in fee simple, and the building, expressing their respective areas;
- (2) The general description and number of each apartment, expressing its area, location and any other data necessary for its identification;
- (3) The description of the general common elements of the building, and the limited common elements of the building, and the private elements of the property; and
- (4) Bylaws for the administration of the building as in §§ 66-27-111 and 66-27-112 provided.
- (c) The common elements, both general and limited, shall remain undivided and shall not be the object of an action for partition or division of co-ownership.
- (d) The declaration shall provide that each owner of a private element shall own a pro rata share of the total membership in the townhouse corporation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.