2017 Tennessee Code
Title 66 - Property
Chapter 24 - Registration of Instruments
Part 2 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act
§ 66-24-202. Part definitions.
- As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (1) "Digitized image" means an electronic document that is created as an electronic copy of a paper document that accurately depicts the information on the paper document and is unalterable;
- (2) "Document" means information that is:
- (A) Inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form; and
- (B) Eligible to be recorded in the land records maintained by the county register;
- (3) "Electronic" means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities;
- (4) "Electronic document" means a document that is received by the county register in an electronic form;
- (5) "Electronic signature" means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a document and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the document;
- (6) "Paper document" means a document that is received by the county register of deeds in a form that is not electronic;
- (7) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government, or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity;
- (8) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; and
- (9) "Wet Signature" means a signature affixed in ink or pencil or other material to a paper document.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.