2017 Tennessee Code
Title 62 - Professions, Businesses and Trades
Chapter 6 - Contractors and Contracting
Part 3 - Tennessee Home Inspector License Act of 2005
§ 62-6-305. Application for licensure -- Prerequisites and qualifications.
- Any person who applies for licensure as a home inspector must submit an application on a form prescribed by the commissioner. The application shall be accompanied by the fee specified in § 62-6-303. Applicants for licensure shall furnish evidence satisfactory to the commissioner that the applicant:
- (1) Is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- (2) Has graduated from high school or earned a general education development (GED(R)) certificate;
- (3) Has not been convicted of a crime that has a direct bearing on the applicant's ability to perform competently and fully as a licensee;
- (4) Is not the subject of a disciplinary or enforcement action by another state or a local jurisdiction in connection with the performance of home inspections or the licensing or certification of home inspectors;
- (5) Has successfully completed ninety (90) hours of a commissioner-approved training program or course of study involving the performance of home inspections and the preparation of home inspection reports;
- (6) Has passed a commissioner-approved competency examination administered by the state or an entity selected by the state; and
- (7) Has obtained a certificate of insurance in an amount required by the commissioner for general liability as well as errors and omissions to cover all activities contemplated under this part.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.