2017 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 8 - Operation of Vehicles -- Rules of the Road
Part 1 - Operation of Vehicles -- Rules of the Road
§ 55-8-120. Further limitations on driving to left of center of roadway.
- (a) No vehicle shall at any time be driven to the left side of the roadway under the following conditions:
- (1) When approaching the crest of a grade or upon a curve in the highway where the driver's view is obstructed within three hundred feet (300') or such distance as to create a hazard in the event another vehicle might approach from the opposite direction;
- (2) When approaching within one hundred feet (100') of or traversing any intersection or railroad grade crossing; or
- (3) When the view is obstructed upon approaching within one hundred feet (100') of any bridge, viaduct or tunnel.
- (b) The limitations of subsection (a) shall not apply upon a one-way roadway.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.