2017 Tennessee Code
Title 49 - Education
Chapter 1 - State Administration
Part 2 - Department of Education
- § 49-1-201. Powers and duties of the commissioner.
- § 49-1-202. Divisions.
- § 49-1-203. Waiver of state board rules.
- § 49-1-204. Driver education and training courses in public schools.
- § 49-1-205. Support and assistance for family life education.
- § 49-1-206. Preschool/parenting learning centers for teen parents.
- § 49-1-207. Innovative educational programs.
- § 49-1-208. Standards for parental involvement in public schools.
- § 49-1-209. Management information system.
- § 49-1-210. Standards of fiscal accountability.
- § 49-1-211. Annual report by commissioner.
- § 49-1-212. Fiscal analysis required of any policy, rule, or regulation that will financially impact an LEA
- § 49-1-213. Technical assistance.
- § 49-1-214. Safe schools -- Advisory guidelines.
- § 49-1-215. Training for teachers relating to attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity.
- § 49-1-216. Plan to reduce variance between dropout rates of African-American students and the general student population.
- § 49-1-217. Survey of students to be conducted to determine proportion with Internet access at home.
- § 49-1-218. Establishment of guidelines for release of education data for research purposes.
- § 49-1-219. Advisory guidelines for reporting DUI-related deaths of minors.
- § 49-1-220. Sexual violence awareness and prevention curriculum.
- § 49-1-221. Policy on use of Internet -- Filing of policy -- Contents.
- § 49-1-222. Children's mental health care -- Development of interagency projects and programs.
- § 49-1-223. Asthma -- Development of comprehensive state plan -- Report.
- § 49-1-224. Education Pays Act -- Award of rewards -- Funding -- Study of effects.
- § 49-1-225. Review of measures to prevent breaches in security of standardized tests -- Report of findings and recommendations.
- § 49-1-226. Administration of TCAP tests -- Request for proposal for assessments in English language arts and math -- Adoption of core standards in subjects beyond math and English language arts prohibited.
- § 49-1-227. Compilation of list of laws related to rights of students, parents, or legal guardians -- Posting of list on department website.
- § 49-1-228. School grading system -- State report card -- Implementation -- Notice.
- § 49-1-229. Dyslexia screening procedures -- School based problem solving team -- Dyslexia advisory council.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.