There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 48 - Corporations and Associations
Chapter 61 - Mergers, Membership Exchanges, Entity Conversions, and For-Profit Conversions
§ 48-61-113. Entity conversion of domestic nonprofit corporation to foreign unincorporated entity -- Articles of charter surrender.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 48-61-113 (2017)
- (a) Whenever a domestic nonprofit corporation has adopted and approved, in the manner required by this chapter, a plan of entity conversion providing for the corporation to be converted to a foreign unincorporated entity, articles of charter surrender shall be executed on behalf of the corporation by any officer or other duly authorized representative. The articles of charter surrender shall set forth:
- (1) The name of the corporation;
- (2) A statement that the articles of charter surrender are being filed in connection with the conversion of the corporation to a foreign unincorporated entity;
- (3) A statement that the conversion was duly approved by the members or the board of directors or otherwise in the manner required by this chapter and the charter;
- (4) The jurisdiction under the laws of which the survivor will be organized; and
- (5) If the survivor will be a nonfiling entity, the address of its executive office immediately after the conversion.
- (b) The articles of charter surrender shall be delivered by the corporation to the secretary of state for filing together with the required filing fee. The articles of charter surrender shall take effect on the effective time provided in § 48-51-304.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.