There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 48 - Corporations and Associations
Chapter 61 - Mergers, Membership Exchanges, Entity Conversions, and For-Profit Conversions
§ 48-61-110. Contents of plan of entity conversion.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 48-61-110 (2017)
- (a) A plan of entity conversion must include:
- (1) A statement of the type of other entity the survivor will be and, if it will be a foreign other entity, its jurisdiction of organization;
- (2) The terms and conditions of the conversion;
- (3) The manner and basis of converting the memberships of the domestic nonprofit corporation following its conversion into interests or other securities, obligations, rights to acquire interests or other securities, cash, other property, or any combination of the foregoing; and
- (4) The full text, as they will be in effect immediately after consummation of the conversion, of the organic documents of the survivor.
- (b) The plan of entity conversion may also include a provision that the plan may be amended prior to filing articles of entity conversion, except that subsequent to approval of the plan by the members, the plan may not be amended to change:
- (1) The amount or kind of memberships or other securities, interests, obligations, rights to acquire memberships, other securities or interests, cash or other property to be received under the plan by the members;
- (2) The organic documents that will be in effect immediately following the conversion, except for changes permitted by a provision of the organic law of the survivor comparable to § 48-60-102; or
- (3) Any of the other terms or conditions of the plan if the change would adversely affect any of the members in any material respect.
- (c) Terms of a plan of entity conversion may be made dependent upon facts objectively ascertainable outside the plan in accordance with § 48-51-301.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.