2017 Tennessee Code
Title 48 - Corporations and Associations
Chapter 55 - Office and Agent
§ 48-55-101. Registered office and registered agent.
- (a) Each corporation must continuously maintain in this state:
- (1) A registered office that may be the same as any of its places of business; and
- (2) A registered agent, who may be:
- (A) An individual who resides in this state and whose business office is identical with the registered office;
- (B) A for-profit domestic corporation or nonprofit domestic corporation whose business office is identical with the registered office; or
- (C) A for-profit foreign corporation or nonprofit foreign corporation authorized to transact business or conduct affairs in this state whose business office is identical with the registered office.
- (b) If a registered agent resigns or is unable to perform the registered agent's duties, the designating corporation shall promptly designate another registered agent to the end that it shall at all times have a registered agent in this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.