2017 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 16 - Offenses Against Administration of Government
Part 4 - Misconduct Involving Public Officials and Employees
§ 39-16-409. Sexual contact with probationer or parolee.
- (a) For purposes of this section, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (1) "Probation and parole officer" means a probation and parole officer as defined in § 40-28-102; and
- (2) "Probationer or parolee" means any individual who is placed on probation or parole, as defined in § 40-28-102, and who is under the active supervision of the department of correction. For the purpose of this section only, "probationer or parolee" does not include the lawful spouse of a probation and parole officer who is placed under the supervision of the department of correction subsequent to the marriage.
- (b) It is an offense for a probation and parole officer to engage in sexual contact or sexual penetration, as defined in § 39-13-501, whether consensual or nonconsensual, with a probationer or parolee who is under the supervision of the department of correction; provided, that the probation or parole officer knows or reasonably should know the person is a probationer or parolee.
- (c) A violation of this section is a Class E felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.