There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 9 - Surveillance by Unmanned Aircraft
§ 39-13-905. Use of unlawfully captured images as evidence -- Disclosure of images limited.
Universal Citation: TN Code § 39-13-905 (2017)
- (a) Except as otherwise provided by subsection (b), an image captured in violation of § 39-13-903, or an image captured by an unmanned aircraft that was incidental to the lawful capturing of an image:
- (1) May not be used as evidence in any criminal or juvenile proceeding, civil action, or administrative proceeding;
- (2) Is not subject to disclosure, inspection, or copying under title 10, chapter 7; and
- (3) Is not subject to discovery, subpoena, or other means of legal compulsion for its release.
- (b) An image described by subsection (a) may be disclosed and used as evidence to prove a violation of this part and is subject to discovery, subpoena, or other means of legal compulsion for that purpose.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.