2017 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 5 - Sexual Offenses
§ 39-13-515. Promoting prostitution - Unacceptable defenses.
- (a) A person commits an offense under this section who promotes prostitution.
- (b) Except as provided in subsection (c), promoting prostitution is a Class E felony.
- (c) Promoting prostitution of a minor is punishable as trafficking for a commercial sex act under § 39-13-309.
- (d) It is not a defense to a violation of this section that:
- (1) The subject of the offense is a law enforcement officer; or
- (2) The victim of the offense is a minor and consented to the offense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.