2017 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 5 - Sexual Offenses
§ 39-13-503. Rape.
- (a) Rape is unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or of the defendant by a victim accompanied by any of the following circumstances:
- (1) Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act;
- (2) The sexual penetration is accomplished without the consent of the victim and the defendant knows or has reason to know at the time of the penetration that the victim did not consent;
- (3) The defendant knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or
- (4) The sexual penetration is accomplished by fraud.
- (b) Rape is a Class B felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.