2017 Tennessee Code
Title 35 - Fiduciaries and Trust Estates
Chapter 3 - Investment of Trust Funds
§ 35-3-120. Federally guaranteed loans and investments.
- (a) Banks, trust companies, insurance companies, building and loan associations, credit unions, trustees and others acting in a fiduciary capacity, trust funds, pension and profit-sharing funds, real estate investment trusts, and other financial institutions, originating mortgagee institutions, and other institutions approved as mortgagees and otherwise meeting the requirements of the federal housing administration or veterans administration to act as mortgagees under the programs of these agencies may:
- (1) Make loans and advances of credit and purchases of obligations representing loans and advances of credit that are eligible for credit insurance by the federal housing commissioner, and may obtain that insurance;
- (2) Make loans secured by real property or leasehold, that the federal housing commissioner insures or makes a commitment to insure, and may obtain that insurance;
- (3) Invest their funds, eligible for investment, in notes or bonds secured by mortgage or trust deed insured by the federal housing commissioner, and in debentures issued by the federal housing commissioner, and also in securities issued by the Federal National Mortgage Association; and
- (4) Make any loans and advances of credit and purchases of obligations representing loans and advances of credit that are eligible to be guaranteed or insured in whole or in part by the veterans administration or administrator of veterans affairs, or secured by real property or leasehold as the administrator of veterans affairs makes a commitment to guarantee or insure.
- (b) No law of this state, requiring security upon which loans or investments may be made, or prescribing the nature, amount or form of the security, or prescribing or limiting interest rates upon loans or investments, or limiting investments of capital or deposits, or prescribing or limiting the period for which loans or investments may be made, shall apply to loans or investments made pursuant to this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.