2017 Tennessee Code
Title 35 - Fiduciaries and Trust Estates
Chapter 15 - Tennessee Uniform Trust Code
Part 11 - Miscellaneous Provisions
§ 35-15-1103. Application to existing relationships.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, on July 1, 2004:
- (1) This chapter applies to all trusts created before, on, or after July 1, 2004;
- (2) This chapter applies to all judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced on or after July 1, 2004;
- (3) This chapter applies to judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced before July 1, 2004, unless the court finds that application of a particular provision of this chapter would substantially interfere with the effective conduct of the judicial proceedings or prejudice the rights of the parties, in which case the particular provision of this chapter does not apply and the superseded law applies;
- (4) Any rule of construction or presumption provided in this chapter applies to trust instruments executed before July 1, 2004, unless there is a clear indication of a contrary intent in the terms of the trust; and
- (5) An act done before July 1, 2004, is not affected by this chapter.
- (b) If a right is acquired, extinguished, or barred upon the expiration of a prescribed period that has commenced to run under any other statute before July 1, 2004, that statute continues to apply to the right even if it has been repealed or superseded.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.