2017 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 3 - Conservatorship Generally
§ 34-3-103. Priority of persons to be considered for appointment.
- Subject to the court's determination of what is in the best interests of the person with a disability, the court shall consider the following persons in the order listed for appointment of the conservator:
- (1) The person or persons designated in a writing signed by the alleged person with a disability;
- (2) The spouse of the person with a disability;
- (3) Any child of the person with a disability;
- (4) Closest relative or relatives of the person with a disability;
- (5) A district public guardian as described by § 34-7-104; and
- (6) Other person or persons.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.