There is a newer version of this Part
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 5 - Nonemergency Involuntary Admission to Inpatient Treatment
- § 33-6-501. "Substantial likelihood of serious harm" defined.
- § 33-6-502. Prerequisites to judicial commitment for involuntary care and treatment.
- § 33-6-503. Two (2) certificates of need required -- Defendants under sixteen (16) years of age.
- § 33-6-504. Persons who may file complaint for commitment under this part.
- § 33-6-505. Commitment to state facility.
- § 33-6-506. Commitment to other public or private facility.
- § 33-6-507. Commitment to contract facility -- Conformance with contract.
- § 33-6-508. Commitment to non-state facility where third-party payment has been arranged.
- § 33-6-509. Suitable accommodations required.
- § 33-6-510. Person eligible for care as armed forces veteran.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.