There is a newer version of this Part
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Substance Abuse and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 10 - Declarations for Mental Health Treatment
- § 33-6-1001. Declaration for mental health treatment authorized -- Contents.
- § 33-6-1002. "Incapable of making mental health treatment decisions" defined.
- § 33-6-1003. Duration of declaration -- Expiration -- Revocation.
- § 33-6-1004. Signature required -- Witnesses.
- § 33-6-1005. Effective date and applicability of declaration -- Compliance.
- § 33-6-1006. Care contrary to declaration -- Authorization by review committee -- Emergency.
- § 33-6-1007. Declaration superior to powers of conservator.
- § 33-6-1008. New mental health care provider to receive copy of declaration.
- § 33-6-1009. Effect of declarations executed in another state.
- § 33-6-1010. Incorporation into durable power of attorney for health care.
- § 33-6-1011. Immunity for actions taken or not taken in good faith reliance on declaraton.
- § 33-6-1012. Admission to treatment not to be conditioned on execution of declaration for mental health treatment.
- § 33-6-1013. Destruction or alteration of declaration prohibited -- Penalty.
- § 33-6-1014. Standard form for declaration for mental health treatment.
- § 33-6-1015. Providers to have written policies and procedures relating to declarations for mental health treatment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.