2017 Tennessee Code
Title 28 - Limitation of Actions
Chapter 3 - Limitation of Actions Other Than Real
Part 1 - Miscellaneous Limitations
§ 28-3-109. Rent -- Official misconduct -- Contracts not otherwise covered -- Title insurance -- Demand notes.
- (a) The following actions shall be commenced within six (6) years after the cause of action accrued:
- (1) Actions for the use and occupation of land and for rent;
- (2) Actions against the sureties of guardians, executors and administrators, sheriffs, clerks, and other public officers, for nonfeasance, misfeasance, and malfeasance in office; and
- (3) Actions on contracts not otherwise expressly provided for.
- (b) The cause of action on title insurance policies, guaranteeing title to real estate, shall accrue on the date the loss or damage insured or guaranteed against is sustained.
- (c) The cause of action on demand notes shall be commenced within ten (10) years after the cause of action accrued.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.