There is a newer version of this Chapter
2017 Tennessee Code
Title 20 - Civil Procedure
Chapter 5 - Abatement and Survival of Actions
- § 20-5-101. No abatement where cause survives.
- § 20-5-102. Actions surviving death of party.
- § 20-5-103. Causes surviving death of tort-feasor.
- § 20-5-104. Revival by or against heirs.
- § 20-5-105. Revival by or against successor in interest.
- § 20-5-106. Injury resulting in death -- Succession to cause of action -- Beneficiary who is minor or legally incompetent.
- § 20-5-107. Prosecution of action by representative or surviving spouse or next of kin.
- § 20-5-108. Continuation of decedent's action.
- § 20-5-109. [Repealed.]
- § 20-5-110. Action for death of spouse.
- § 20-5-111. Death of beneficiary before action.
- § 20-5-112. Death of beneficiary during action.
- § 20-5-113. Damages recoverable in wrongful death.
- § 20-5-114. Death of executor or administrator.
- § 20-5-115. [Repealed.]
- § 20-5-116. Party substituted in revivor.
- § 20-5-117. Death of nominal plaintiff.
- § 20-5-118. [Repealed.]
- § 20-5-119. [Repealed.]
- § 20-5-120. Automobile liability insurance carrier negligent in failing to settle claim against insured -- Survival of action -- Assignment of right of action for benefit of creditors.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.