2017 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning and Housing
Chapter 30 - Tennessee Local Land Bank Program
§ 13-30-103. Chapter definitions.
- As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
- (1) "Board of directors" or "board" means the board of directors or other similar governing body of the corporation;
- (2) "Corporation" means a corporation created pursuant to this chapter to operate a land bank;
- (3) "Land bank" means real property, however obtained or acquired and held by a corporation, created pursuant to this chapter, with the intent of acquiring and holding onto the real property so acquired until such a time as the corporation is able to find a willing and able buyer to acquire the real property from the corporation;
- (4) "Local government" means:
- (A) Any home rule municipality;
- (B) Any county having a population of not less than one hundred twenty-three thousand one (123,001) nor more than one hundred twenty-three thousand one hundred (123,100), according to the 2010 federal census or any subsequent federal census;
- (C) Any county having a population of not less than eighty-nine thousand eight hundred (89,800) nor more than eighty-nine thousand nine hundred (89,900), according to the 2010 federal census or any subsequent federal census;
- (D) Any county having a metropolitan form of government; or
- (E) Any municipality having a population of not less than forty-eight thousand two hundred (48,200) nor more than forty-eight thousand two hundred nine (48,209), according to the 2010 federal census or any subsequent federal census;
- (5) "Real estate" means an identified parcel or tract of land, including improvements, if any; and
- (6) "Real property" means one (1) or more defined parcels or tracts of land or interests, benefits and rights inherent in the ownership of real estate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.