2016 Tennessee Code
Title 9 - Public Finances
Chapter 4 - State Funds, State Budget and Appropriations
Part 56 - Tennessee Governmental Accountability Act of 2013
§ 9-4-5604. Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Agency" or "state agency" means any unit organization of the executive department, including any official, department, board, commission, division, bureau, section, district, office, authority, committee, or council or any other unit of state government, however designated, including, without limitation, higher education. For purposes of this part, "agency" or "state agency" shall not include the governor's office, the judicial department, the comptroller of the treasurer, state treasurer, secretary of state, attorney general and reporter or the legislative department. For purposes of this part, "judicial department" means the court system, district attorneys general conference, district public defenders conference, and the office of post-conviction defender;
(2) "Baseline data" means indicators of a state agency's current performance level, pursuant to guidelines established by the commissioner of finance and administration;
(3) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of finance and administration;
(4) "Outcome" means an indicator of the actual impact or public benefit of a program;
(5) "Output" means the actual service or product delivered by a state agency;
(6) [Deleted by 2013 amendment, effective April 19, 2013.]
(7) "Performance measure" means a quantitative or qualitative indicator used to assess state agency performance, including outcome and output indicators;
(8) "Program" means a set of activities undertaken in accordance with a plan of action organized to realize identifiable goals and objectives. These activities are chosen by department of finance and administration in consultation with the agency or state agency to be measured in order to support the overall goals and objectives of the department; and
(9) "Standard" means the desired level of performance of a program, measured by outcome or output.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.