There is a newer version of the Tennessee Code
2016 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 12 - Financial Responsibility
Part 2 - Insurance Verification Program ("James Lee Atwood Jr. Law")
- § 55-12-201. Short title.
- § 55-12-202. Purpose of part.
- § 55-12-203. Part definitions.
- § 55-12-204. Development of insurance verification program -- Consultation with certain entities required.
- § 55-12-205. Requirements of program.
- § 55-12-206. Duties of department of revenue and/or designated agent with respect to developing and implementing program.
- § 55-12-207. Requirements for automobile liability insurer not utilizing the IICMVA model.
- § 55-12-208. Insurer may use both IICMVA model and full book of business download process.
- § 55-12-209. Confidentiality of information -- Utilization of program by law enforcement officers -- Insurers permitted to utilize third-party vendors -- Application to vehicles insured under commercial automobile coverage -- Annual report.
- § 55-12-210. Notice to motor vehicle owner of noncompliance -- Penalties for failure to comply within specified time -- Prohibition against false or fraudulent statements -- Part does not affect other actions or penalties -- Eligibility for notice.
- § 55-12-211. Requirements for reinstatement or renewal of registration after suspension or revocation.
- § 55-12-212. Certification that program installed and fully operational.
- § 55-12-213. Uninsured motorist identification restricted fund established.
- § 55-12-214. Effect of part on existing financial responsibility requirements.
- § 55-12-215. No fee or surcharge to be levied on automobile liability insurers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.