2016 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 13 - Weapons
§ 39-17-1303. Unlawful sale, loan or gift of firearm.
(a) A person commits an offense who:
(1) Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly sells, loans or makes a gift of a firearm to a minor;
(2) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells a firearm or ammunition for a firearm to a person who is intoxicated; or
(3) Intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence violates § 39-17-1316.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under subdivision (a)(1) that:
(1) A firearm was loaned or given to a minor for the purposes of hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, sport shooting or any other lawful sporting activity; and
(2) The person is not required to obtain a license under § 39-17-1316.
(c) For purposes of this section, "intoxicated" means substantial impairment of mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.