2016 Tennessee Code
Title 30 - Administration of Estates
Chapter 4 - Small Estates
§ 30-4-102. Chapter definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Affiant" means the person executing the affidavit provided for in § 30-4-103;
(2) "Court" means the court then exercising probate jurisdiction in the county in which the decedent had legal residence on the date of death;
(3) "Person" means an individual, partnership, firm, business trust, corporation or other legal entity, and includes both singular and plural and masculine and feminine, as appropriate;
(4) "Property" means personal property, or any interest in personal property, owned by the decedent on the date of death, other than personal property held as tenants by the entirety or jointly with right of survivorship or personal property payable to a beneficiary other than the decedent's estate; and
(5) "Small estate" means the estate of a decedent in which the value of the property does not exceed fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.