2015 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 14 - Metals Recycling
§ 39-17-1401 - Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Metals recycling facility" means any business that is predominantly engaged in performing the process by which scrap, used or obsolete ferrous or nonferrous metals are converted into raw materials consisting of proper grades and having an existing or potential economic value;
(2) "Motor vehicle" means any vehicle which is self-propelled;
(3) "PCB-containing capacitor" means a capacitor that contains polychlorinated biphenyls and is regulated under the federal Toxic Substances Control Act, compiled in 15 U.S.C. § 2601 et seq.;
(4) "Person" means an individual, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other business entity; and
(5) "Scrap vehicle" means any motor vehicle that has been crushed, flattened or dismantled or that has been otherwise damaged to the extent that it cannot be economically repaired.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.