2015 Tennessee Code
Title 38 - Prevention And Detection Of Crime
Chapter 8 - Employment and Training of Police Officers
Part 1 - General Provisions
- § 38-8-101 - Part definitions.
- § 38-8-102 - Tennessee peace officer standards and training commission -- Creation and composition.
- § 38-8-103 - Director -- Staff -- Expenses of members.
- § 38-8-104 - Powers and duties of commission.
- § 38-8-105 - Minimum standards binding on governmental entities -- Penalty for violation.
- § 38-8-106 - Qualifications of police officers.
- § 38-8-107 - Certification of officers -- In-service training by employing agency.
- § 38-8-108 - Donations of property or money to commission.
- § 38-8-109 - Stricter qualifications and standards by employing agency.
- § 38-8-110 - Application of chapter.
- § 38-8-111 - In-service training -- Cash supplements.
- § 38-8-112 - Courses on use of citations in lieu of arrest -- Domestic violence training -- Procedures to respond to persons with mental illness.
- § 38-8-113 - Choke hold and restraining maneuver training.
- § 38-8-114 - Community policing pilot programs.
- § 38-8-115 - Safe Neighborhoods Act of 1998.
- § 38-8-116 - Law enforcement shooting ranges -- Methods for retired law enforcement officer to meet annual requirements to carry firearm shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce -- Maintenance of a list of approved certified firearms instructors.
- § 38-8-117 - Training in animal and canine behavior.
- § 38-8-118 - Employment of private special deputies for security and law enforcement.
- § 38-8-119 - Training to respond to mentally ill persons.
- § 38-8-120 - School policing.
- § 38-8-121 - Substitution of training in school policing for continuing education hours.
- § 38-8-122 - Substitution of training in courthouse security for continuing education hours.
- § 38-8-123 - Determination of eligibility of retired officer to carry a firearm under federal law.
- § 38-8-124 - Providing false information to POST.
- § 38-8-125 - Government participation in certain voluntary motor vehicle checkpoints and stops prohibited.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.