There is a newer version of the Tennessee Code
2014 Tennessee Code
Title 8 - Public Officers And Employees
Chapter 36 - Retirement Benefits
Part 1 - General Provisions
- § 8-36-101 - [Transferred.]
- § 8-36-102 - Limitation on amount of retirement allowance.
- § 8-36-103 - Members of the general assembly prior to June 30, 1976.
- § 8-36-104 - Limitation on "average final compensation" in benefit computation for teachers employed by the University of Tennessee.
- § 8-36-105 - Lump sum payments by prior class members who limited earnable compensation.
- § 8-36-106 - Suspension of allowances by beneficiaries.
- § 8-36-107 - Lump sum death benefit.
- § 8-36-108 - Benefits upon death in line of duty.
- § 8-36-109 - Survivor benefits.
- § 8-36-110 - Rate of benefit for beneficiary with creditable service in more than one class.
- § 8-36-111 - Exemption of benefits from execution, attachment, garnishment and assignment.
- § 8-36-112 - Withholding of insurance premiums from benefit payments authorized.
- § 8-36-113 - Satisfaction of claims of state against terminated member upon application for withdrawal of contributions.
- § 8-36-114 - Satisfaction of claims of state against retired beneficiary by deduction from monthly benefit.
- § 8-36-115 - Correction of errors in benefit payments.
- § 8-36-116 - Legislative intent to collect overpayments -- Exceptions.
- § 8-36-117 - Monthly benefit payments -- Death of payee -- Procedure for direct deposit or electronic transfer.
- § 8-36-118 - Certain University of Tennessee extension employees -- Eligibility for retirement benefits based upon longevity pay.
- § 8-36-119 - [Obsolete.]
- § 8-36-120 - Lump sum payments.
- § 8-36-121 - Nomination of beneficiaries -- Method -- Distribution among multiple beneficiaries -- Retirement.
- § 8-36-122 - Blind employees -- Retirement allowance -- Computation.
- § 8-36-123 - Retirement or death of members not in service.
- § 8-36-124 - Reduction in contribution requirements -- Use of excess appropriation in general appropriations act.
- § 8-36-125 - Disclaimer of benefits.
- § 8-36-126 - Benefits payable to a minor child -- Provision of documentation establishing guardianship.
- § 8-36-127 - Designation of more than one person as beneficiary.
- § 8-36-128 - Honoring claims under a qualified domestic relations order.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.