2014 Tennessee Code
Title 47 - Commercial Instruments And Transactions
Chapter 26 - Weights and Measures
Part 10 - Public Weighmaster
§ 47-26-1021 - Prohibited acts.
It is a prohibited act for any person:
(1) Without a valid license to:
(A) Assume the title of public weighmaster, or any title of similar import;
(B) Perform the duties or acts to be performed by a public weighmaster;
(C) Represent oneself to be a public weighmaster;
(D) Issue any certificate, ticket, memorandum, or statement for which a fee is charged; or
(E) Engage in the full-time or part-time business of measuring for hire.
(2) To use or operate any device for certification purposes that does not meet, nor in a manner not in accordance with, the requirements of the latest edition of NIST Handbook 44, "Specifications, Tolerances, and Other Technical Requirements for Weighing and Measuring Devices";
(3) To falsify a certificate or to falsely certify any gross, tare, or net weight or measure required by this part to be on the certificate;
(4) To refuse without cause to weigh or measure any article or thing which it is the person's duty to weigh or measure, or refuse to state in any certificate anything required to be therein;
(5) To hinder or obstruct in any way the commissioner or the commissioner's authorized agent in the performance of the commissioner's official duties under this part;
(6) To violate any provision of this part or any regulation promulgated under this part;
(7) To delegate such person's authority to any person not licensed as a public weighmaster;
(8) To request a false certificate or to request a public weighmaster to weigh, measure, or count any vehicle, property, produce, commodity, or article falsely or incorrectly;
(9) To issue a certificate simulating the certificate in this part; or
(10) To use or have in such person's possession a device which has been altered to facilitate fraud.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.