2014 Tennessee Code
Title 47 - Commercial Instruments And Transactions
Chapter 26 - Weights and Measures
Part 10 - Public Weighmaster
§ 47-26-1012 - Certificate: required entries.
(a) The certificate, when properly completed and signed, shall be prima facie evidence of the accuracy of the measurements shown.
(b) The design of and the information to be furnished on a weight certificate may be prescribed by the commissioner and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The name and license number of the public weighmaster;
(2) The kind of commodity weighed, measured, or counted;
(3) The name of the owner, agent, or consignee of the commodity;
(4) The name of the recipient of the commodity, if applicable;
(5) The date the certificate is issued;
(6) The consecutive number of the certificate, if applicable;
(7) The identification, including the identification number, if any, of the carrier transporting the commodity, and the identification number or license number of the vehicle, if applicable;
(8) Other information needed to distinguish or identify the commodity from a like kind;
(9) The number of units of the commodity, if applicable;
(10) The measure of the commodity, if applicable;
(11) The weight of the commodity and the vehicle or container, if applicable, broken down as follows:
(A) The gross weight of the commodity and the associated vehicle or container;
(B) The tare weight of the unloaded vehicle or container; or
(C) Both the gross and tare weight and the resultant net weight of the commodity; and
(12) Signature or initials of the public weighmaster who determined the weight, measure or count.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.