2014 Tennessee Code
Title 47 - Commercial Instruments And Transactions
Chapter 26 - Weights and Measures
Part 10 - Public Weighmaster
§ 47-26-1002 - Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Certificate" means that document or instrument issued by a public weighmaster containing information specified in § 47-26-1012;
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of agriculture or the commissioner's duly appointed representative;
(3) "Department" means the Tennessee department of agriculture;
(4) "Handbook 44" means National Institute of Standards and Technology Handbook 44, "Specifications, Tolerances, and Other Technical Requirements for Weighing and Measuring Devices";
(5) "NIST" means the National Institute of Standards and Technology which is an agency of the United States department of commerce;
(6) "Public weighing" means the weighing, measuring, or counting, upon request, of vehicles, property, produce, commodities, or articles other than those that the weigher or the weigher's employer, if any, is either buying or selling;
(7) "Public weighmaster" means any person who performs public weighing as defined;
(8) "State" means the state of Tennessee;
(9) "Vehicle" means any device (except railroad freight cars) in, upon, or by which any property, produce, commodity, or article is or may be transported or drawn; and
(10) "Weights and measures official" means any department of agriculture employee acting on behalf of the department and/or appointed by the commissioner.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.