2014 Tennessee Code
Title 45 - Banks And Financial Institutions
Chapter 12 - Flexible Credit Act [Effective on January 1, 2015]
§ 45-12-116 - Grounds for suspension or revocation of license -- Revocation or suspension of multiple licenses -- Hearing. [Effective on January 1, 2015.]
(a) The commissioner may, after notice and hearing, suspend or revoke any license if the commissioner finds that the licensee has knowingly or through lack of due care:
(1) Failed to pay any fees, expenses, or costs imposed by the commissioner under the authority of this chapter;
(2) Has committed any fraud, engaged in any dishonest activities or made any misrepresentations;
(3) Has violated any provision of this chapter, any rule issued pursuant to this chapter, or any other law in the course of the licensee's dealings as a licensee;
(4) Has made a false statement in the application for the license or failed to give a true reply to a question in the application; or
(5) Has demonstrated incompetency or untrustworthiness to act as a licensee.
(b) If the reason for revocation or suspension of a licensee's license at any one (1) location is of general application to all locations operated by a licensee, the commissioner may revoke or suspend all licenses issued to a licensee.
(c) A hearing shall be held on written notice given at least twenty (20) days prior to the date of the hearing and shall be conducted in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in title 4, chapter 5.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.