2014 Tennessee Code
Title 41 - Correctional Institutions and Inmates
Chapter 24 - Private Prison Contracting Act of 1986
§ 41-24-110 - Powers and duties not delegable to contractor.
No contract for correctional services shall authorize, allow or imply a delegation of the authority or responsibility of the commissioner to a prison contractor for any of the following:
(1) Developing and implementing procedures for calculating inmate release and parole eligibility dates;
(2) Developing and implementing procedures for calculating and awarding sentence credits;
(3) Approving inmates for furlough and work release;
(4) Approving the type of work inmates may perform and the wages or sentence credits that may be given to inmates engaging in that work; and
(5) Granting, denying or revoking sentence credits, placing an inmate under less restrictive custody or more restrictive custody; or taking any disciplinary actions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.