2014 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 4 - Drugs
§ 39-17-437 - Falsification of the results of a drug test.
(a) (1) It is an offense for a person to intentionally use, or possess with the intent to use, any substance or device designed to falsify the results of a drug test of that person.
(2) Except as provided in subdivision (a)(3), it is an offense for a person to sell synthetic urine.
(3) It is not an offense for a person to sell synthetic urine to an individual for bona fide educational, medical or scientific purposes. Any person selling synthetic urine for such purposes shall maintain documentation as to the educational, medical or scientific purpose for each individual sale of such urine for a period not less than five (5) years.
(b) As used in this section:
(1) "Drug test" means a lawfully administered test designed to detect the presence of a controlled substance or a controlled substance analogue; and
(2) "Synthetic urine" means any product or substance which is designed to falsify the results of a drug test for a human being.
(c) (1) A violation of subdivision (a)(1) is a Class A misdemeanor.
(2) A violation of subdivision (a)(2) is a Class C misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.