2010 Tennessee Code
Title 70 - Wildlife Resources
Chapter 4 - Miscellaneous Regulations
Part 4 - Exotic Animals
70-4-411 - Importation of wildlife Permits Papers.

70-4-411. Importation of wildlife Permits Papers.

(a)  All persons wishing to possess Classes I and II live wildlife obtained outside the state of Tennessee shall have in their possession the importation permit required by this part. The permit and all bills of lading and shipping papers relating to any wildlife that such person may have in such person's possession shall be open and available for inspection at all reasonable times by authorized agency officers and employees for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the provisions of this part.

(b)  Animals brought into this state under the authority of an annual importation permit must be reported to the agency within five (5) days of the date of importation.

(c)  An importation permit is required for all interstate movement of live wildlife except Class III, except no permit is required for zoos and temporary exhibitors.

[Acts 1991, ch. 487, § 1.]  

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.