2010 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions Of The Healing Arts
Chapter 25 - Dietetics and Nutrition
63-25-103 - Chapter definitions.
63-25-103. Chapter definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Board means the board of dietitian/nutritionist examiners;
(2) Department means the department of health;
(3) Dietetics/nutrition practice means the integration and application of scientific principles of food, nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, management and behavioral and social sciences in achieving and maintaining health through the life cycle and in the treatment of disease. Methods of practice include, but are not limited to, nutritional assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition care plans, nutritional counseling and education, and the development and administration of nutrition care standards and systems;
(4) Dietitian and nutritionist may be used interchangeably;
(5) Dietitian/nutritionist means a health care professional practicing dietetics/nutrition and licensed under this chapter; and
(6) Division means the division of health related boards within the department.
[Acts 1987, ch. 384, § 4.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.