2010 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions Of The Healing Arts
Chapter 18 - Massage Therapists
Part 1 - Massage Licensure
63-18-102 - Part definitions.
63-18-102. Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Board means the massage licensure board;
(2) Compensation means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value;
(3) Massage/bodywork/somatic means the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body with the intention of positively affecting the health and well being of the client;
(4) Massage establishment means a place of business held out to the public wherein massage is practiced; and
(5) Massage therapist means a person who practices massage for compensation and is licensed by the board.
[Acts 1995, ch. 480, § 3; 1996, ch. 1059, § 1; 1997, ch. 130, § 1; T.C.A. § 63-18-202.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.