2010 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions Of The Healing Arts
Chapter 11 - Psychologists
Part 2 - General Provisions
63-11-222 - Psychologists licensed as of June 30, 1992 Health service provider designation.
63-11-222. Psychologists licensed as of June 30, 1992 Health service provider designation.
(a) Any psychologist licensed under this chapter as a school, clinical, or counseling psychologist as of June 30, 1992, shall be designated by the board as a health service provider; provided, that such person submits an application to the board for such designation by July 1, 1993. Any psychologist licensed under this chapter other than as a school, clinical, or counseling psychologist as of June 30, 1992, who documents to the satisfaction of the board that such person has been engaged in providing health services as a psychologist for a minimum of two (2) years shall be designated by the board as a health service provider; provided, that application for such designation is submitted to the board by July 1, 1993.
(b) Notwithstanding any provision of subsection (a) or any other law to the contrary, the board shall designate as a health service provider any person who meets the following criteria:
(1) Holds a Ph.D. in education from an accredited college or university;
(2) Possesses at least three thousand nine hundred (3,900) hours of clinical experience supervised by licensed clinical and counseling psychologists at an accredited school of medicine;
(3) Is a national board certified counselor;
(4) Has been practicing in Tennessee as a professional counselor for a period of six (6) or more years;
(5) Was licensed by the board as a psychologist on July 15, 1992, with a declared specialty area other than school, clinical or counseling psychology; and
(6) Has submitted to the board an application for such designation by December 31, 1994.
[Acts 1992, ch. 991, § 4; 1995, ch. 104, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.