2010 Tennessee Code
Title 56 - Insurance
Chapter 6 - Agents, Solicitors and Administrators
Part 9 - Tennessee Public Adjuster Licensing Act of 2006
- 56-6-901 - Short title Scope of part.
- 56-6-902 - Part definitions.
- 56-6-903 - License requirement.
- 56-6-904 - Application requirements Authority to require fingerprints Criminal history record checks.
- 56-6-905 - Requirements for licensure.
- 56-6-906 - Written examination.
- 56-6-907 - Exemptions from examination.
- 56-6-908 - Nonresident public adjuster license.
- 56-6-909 - Issuance of license Period in effect Renewal Notification of commissioner of changes Lapse of license Penalties Retroactive and prospective reinstatement Waiver of procedures in certain situations Delegation of commissioner's duties.
- 56-6-910 - Probation, cancellation, termination, suspension, revocation or refusal to issue or renew license Levy of penalties Enforcement Notice.
- 56-6-911 - Financial responsibility.
- 56-6-912 - Continuing education Exemptions.
- 56-6-913 - Fees charged by public adjuster Commissions, service fees or other valuable consideration Fee, retainer, compensation, deposit, or other thing of value, prior to settlement of a claim.
- 56-6-914 - Written contracts Required terms Payment by insurer of policy limit of the insurance policy Written disclosure of financial interest of adjuster Prohibited contract terms Disclosure document regarding the claim process Insured's copy or the original of the contract Notification letter to insurer Insured's right to rescind Adjuster as payee on checks.
- 56-6-915 - Escrow or trust account.
- 56-6-916 - Records required of adjuster Maintenance and inspection.
- 56-6-917 - Ethical considerations.
- 56-6-918 - Report to the commissioner of administrative action or prosecution brought against adjuster.
- 56-6-919 - Investigations by commissioner.
- 56-6-920 - Rules and regulations.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.