2010 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 50 - Uniform Classified and Commercial Driver License Act
Part 4 - Commercial Driver Licenses
55-50-409 - Notification of traffic violations Furnishing driving record information.
55-50-409. Notification of traffic violations Furnishing driving record information.
(a) Within ten (10) days after receiving a report of the conviction of any resident or nonresident holder of a commercial driver license of any violation of state law or local ordinance relating to motor vehicle traffic control, other than parking violations, committed in a commercial motor vehicle, the department shall notify the driver licensing authority in the licensing state of the conviction, and the commercial driver license information system.
(1) Within ten (10) days after the conviction of any resident or nonresident holder of a commercial driver license of any violation of state law or local ordinance relating to motor vehicle traffic control, other than a parking violation, committed in a commercial motor vehicle, the clerk of the court of jurisdiction shall notify the department of the conviction.
(2) This notice shall contain:
(A) The name and residence address of the driver;
(B) Date of birth;
(C) Driver license number and state of issuance;
(D) The violation of which the person was convicted;
(E) A statement that the person was in fact operating a commercial motor vehicle;
(F) The amount of any fine or costs assessed for the violation;
(G) The name of the arresting agency; and
(H) The name of the county and court in which the conviction occurred.
(b) Notwithstanding any other law in this state, the department shall furnish full information regarding the driving record of any person to:
(1) The driver license administrator of any other state, or province or territory of Canada, requesting that information;
(2) The commercial driver license information system; and
(3) Any employer or prospective employer upon request and payment of a fee of five dollars ($5.00).
[Acts 1937, ch. 90, § 5; impl. am. Acts 1939, ch. 205, §§ 2, 3; C. Supp. 1950, § 2715.13 (Williams, § 2715.18); Acts 1973, ch. 224, §§ 1, 2; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 59-706; Acts 1988, ch. 584, § 6; T.C.A., §§ 55-7-106, 55-7-409.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.