2010 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 5 - Anti-Theft Provisions
Part 1 - Violations of Title and Registration Law
- 55-5-101 - Stolen and recovered motor vehicles Duties of law enforcement officers Responsibilities attaching to wrecker, salvage and garage businesses Penalties.
- 55-5-102 - Theft or embezzlement and recovery of registered vehicle Notice required Penalty.
- 55-5-103 - Rules and forms for theft or embezzlement reports Duties of commissioner and department of safety and department of revenue.
- 55-5-104 - Temporary taking of vehicle Joyriding Obtaining possession fraudulently Neglect to return Class E felony.
- 55-5-105 - Chauffeur using automobile without owner's consent Penalty.
- 55-5-106 - Required identification numbers.
- 55-5-107 - Identification numbers Method of installation.
- 55-5-108 - Records to be kept Inspections Contraband Seizure of stolen property Reclamation Forfeiture.
- 55-5-109 - Penalties for sale or possession for sale of nonnumbered passenger cars or components.
- 55-5-110 - Application of §§ 55-5-106 55-5-109.
- 55-5-111 - Buying, disposing of or possessing vehicle lacking serial or engine number a misdemeanor.
- 55-5-112 - Altering or changing engine or serial number fraudulently a felony Permissible restorations.
- 55-5-113 - Fraudulent statements in application Penalty.
- 55-5-114 - Enforcement of motor vehicle laws Penalties Enforcement procedures Operation without registration plates Penalties Failure to license mobile home or house trailer.
- 55-5-115 - Misuse of evidences of registration a misdemeanor Penalties.
- 55-5-116 - Altering, falsifying or forging evidences of title, assignments or plates a felony.
- 55-5-117 - Suspension or revocation of registrations, certificates of title, and nonresident permits Causes.
- 55-5-118 - Suspending or revoking certificates or special plates of manufacturers, transporters or dealers, also temporary tags or permits.
- 55-5-119 - Evidences of registration to be returned by owner upon cancellation, suspension or revocation.
- 55-5-120 - Penalty for violations.
- 55-5-121 - Violation Class E felony.
- 55-5-122 - Moving any motor vehicle located on private property unlawful Exceptions.
- 55-5-123 - Penalties for violations.
- 55-5-124 - Treble damages.
- 55-5-125 - Abandoned and junked vehicle laws unaffected.
- 55-5-126 - Use of stolen plates Penalty.
- 55-5-127 - Junked or salvaged motor vehicles Sale or transfer of certificates of title, identification plates or license plates Penalties.
- 55-5-128 - Seized or repossessed motor vehicles Notice to sheriff.
- 55-5-129 - Impounded vehicles Entry onto private property.
- 55-5-130 - Reporting theft of motor vehicle from bailee.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.