2010 Tennessee Code
Title 53 - Food, Drugs And Cosmetics
Chapter 7 - Meat Inspection and Regulations
Part 3 - Tennessee Biological Residue Act of 1972
53-7-302 - Part definitions.
53-7-302. Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Animal means any member of the animal kingdom whether domesticated or wild, but not including humans;
(2) Animal product means any product derived from any animal or animals that is or could be suitable for human consumption;
(3) Biological residue means any substance, including metabolites, remaining in or on any animal prior to or at the time of slaughter, in or on any of its tissues after slaughter, or in or on any animal product as the result of treatment with or exposure of the animal or animal product to any pesticide, organic or inorganic compound, hormone-like substance, growth promoter, antibiotic, anthelmintic, tranquilizer, or other therapeutic or prophylactic agent;
(4) Commissioner means the commissioner of agriculture or the commissioner's designated representative; and
(5) Person means any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other business unit.
[Acts 1972, ch. 604, § 2; T.C.A., § 52-936.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.