2010 Tennessee Code
Title 50 - Employer And Employee
Chapter 6 - Workers' Compensation Law
Part 6 - Workers' Compensation Insurance Fund Act of 1992
50-6-610 - Powers of fund.
50-6-610. Powers of fund.
For purposes of exercising the specific powers granted in this part and carrying out the other purposes of this part, the fund may:
(1) Sue and be sued;
(2) Have a seal and alter it at will;
(3) Make, amend, and repeal rules relating to the conduct of the business of the fund;
(4) Enter into contracts relating to the administration of the fund;
(5) Rent, lease, buy, or sell property in its own name and may construct or repair buildings necessary to provide space for its operations;
(6) Declare a dividend when there is an excess of assets over liabilities, and minimum surplus requirements;
(7) Pay medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, compensation due claimants of insured employers, pay salaries, and pay administrative and other expenses;
(8) Hire personnel and set salaries and compensation; and
(9) Perform all other functions and exercise all other powers of a domestic insurance company that are necessary, appropriate, or convenient to administer the fund.
[Acts 1992, ch. 900, § 26.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.