2010 Tennessee Code
Title 49 - Education
Chapter 6 - Elementary and Secondary Education
Part 10 - Curriculum Generally
- 49-6-1001 - Flag Recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 49-6-1002 - Use of school time for athletics Teacher salaries.
- 49-6-1003 - Safety instruction Bicycle safety curriculum.
- 49-6-1004 - Period of silence or prayer.
- 49-6-1005 - Sex education.
- 49-6-1006 - Black history and culture.
- 49-6-1007 - Character education.
- 49-6-1008 - AIDS education programs Prevention of AIDS or other sexually transmitted diseases.
- 49-6-1009 - American sign language.
- 49-6-1010 - Computer education.
- 49-6-1011 - Historical documents, writings and records Use in classrooms Censorship prohibited.
- 49-6-1012 - Promotion of organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
- 49-6-1013 - Textbooks covering personal finance.
- 49-6-1014 - Legislative findings Safety and civility.
- 49-6-1015 - Definition of “harassment, intimidation or bullying.”
- 49-6-1016 - Development of policy regarding harassment, intimidation or bullying.
- 49-6-1017 - Adoption of policy Transmission of copy of policy to the commissioner of education.
- 49-6-1018 - Reprisal or retaliation prohibited Reporting harassment, intimidation or bullying Immunity from damages.
- 49-6-1019 - Task forces, programs or other initiatives.
- 49-6-1020 - Recycling program.
- 49-6-1021 - Opportunities for physical activity.
- 49-6-1022 - School health program School health coordinator and specialist in physical education.
- 49-6-1023 - Guidelines for materials regarding voluntary surrender of unharmed newborn infant.
- 49-6-1024 - Instruction in school safety issues.
- 49-6-1025 - Art and music education.
- 49-6-1026 - Approval for elective state funded course for nonsectarian, nonreligious academic study of the Bible Course requirements.
- 49-6-1027 - Gang awareness education.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.