There is a newer version of the Tennessee Code
2010 Tennessee Code
Title 40 - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 7 - Arrest
Part 1 - General Provisions
- 40-7-101 - Persons by whom arrests made.
- 40-7-102 - Offense in presence of magistrate.
- 40-7-103 - Grounds for arrest by officer without warrant.
- 40-7-104 - Time of arrest by officer.
- 40-7-105 - Assistance to officer acting on warrant.
- 40-7-106 - Notice of authority and grounds for arrest Telephone call.
- 40-7-107 - Authority of officer to break in.
- 40-7-108 - Resistance to officer.
- 40-7-109 - Arrest by private person Grounds.
- 40-7-110 - Arrest by private person Time.
- 40-7-111 - Arrest by private person Notice of grounds.
- 40-7-112 - Arrest by private person Notice of intention to make arrest Use of force to enter dwelling house.
- 40-7-113 - Disposition of person arrested by private person.
- 40-7-114 - Pursuit after escape.
- 40-7-115 - Breaking in to retake escaped prisoner.
- 40-7-116 - Theft Detention of suspect by merchant or peace officer.
- 40-7-117 - Theft of property valued at more than $500 in retail or wholesale establishments Arrest by peace officer without warrant.
- 40-7-118 - Use of citations in lieu of continued custody of an arrested person.
- 40-7-119 - Strip searches restricted.
- 40-7-120 - Release citations for misdemeanants.
- 40-7-121 - Body cavity searches Warrant requirement Waiver Liability.
- 40-7-122 - Fee for booking and processing of persons subject to arrest or summons.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.