2010 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare
Part 13 - Weapons
- 39-17-1301 - Part definitions. [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 39-17-1302 - Prohibited weapons.
- 39-17-1303 - Unlawful sale, loan or gift of firearm.
- 39-17-1304 - Restrictions on firearm ammunition.
- 39-17-1305 - Possession of firearm where alcoholic beverages are served.
- 39-17-1306 - Carrying weapons during judicial proceedings.
- 39-17-1307 - Unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon.
- 39-17-1308 - Defenses to unlawful possession or carrying of a weapon.
- 39-17-1309 - Carrying weapons on school property.
- 39-17-1310 - Affirmative defense to carrying weapons on school property.
- 39-17-1311 - Carrying weapons on public parks, playgrounds, civic centers and other public recreational buildings and grounds.
- 39-17-1312 - Inaction by persons eighteen (18) years of age or older, including parents or guardians, knowing a minor or student illegally possesses a firearm.
- 39-17-1313 - [Reserved.]
- 39-17-1314 - Local regulation of firearms and ammunition preempted by state regulation Actions against firearms or ammunition manufacturers, trade associations or dealers.
- 39-17-1315 - Written directive and permit to carry handguns.
- 39-17-1316 - Sales of dangerous weapons Certification of purchaser Exceptions Licensing of dealers Definitions. [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 39-17-1317 - Confiscation and disposition of confiscated weapons.
- 39-17-1318 - New serial numbers for confiscated firearms.
- 39-17-1319 - Handgun possession prohibited Exceptions.
- 39-17-1320 - Providing handguns to juveniles Penalties.
- 39-17-1321 - Possession of handgun while under influence Penalty.
- 39-17-1322 - Defenses.
- 39-17-1323 - Commission of certain offenses while wearing a body vest.
- 39-17-1324 - Offense of possessing a firearm during commission or attempt to commit dangerous felony.
- 39-17-1325 - 39-17-1349. [Reserved.]
- 39-17-1350 - Law enforcement officers permitted to carry firearms Exceptions Restrictions Identification card for corrections officers.
- 39-17-1351 - Handgun carry permits. [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 39-17-1352 - Suspension or revocation of license. [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 39-17-1353 - Review of revocation or suspension.
- 39-17-1354 - Judicial review of department determination.
- 39-17-1355 - Applicability of Uniform Administrative Procedures Act.
- 39-17-1356 - Duplicate permits.
- 39-17-1357 - Notice of address change.
- 39-17-1358 - Retention of records Violations.
- 39-17-1359 - Prohibition at certain meetings Posting notice.
- 39-17-1360 - Rules and regulations.
- 39-17-1361 - Execution of documents by sheriff or chief of police.
- 39-17-1362 - Imitation firearm Defined Offense to display in threatening manner in public place.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.